10 Jul 2013

Souvenirs to take home from Great Britain

Few things that I would like to take with me, to remind me of the great time I’ve had in this country:

Farrow and Ball paint colours it is a must on my projects: amazing colours that emphasise the beauty of walls and furniture. 



Laura Ashley - The quality of its  furniture and accessories is not the best but I still love the cosy feeling they provide. 



The elegance of shutters - I am trying to find shutters in Switzerland as beautiful as the ones in England. Wish me luck! 



The country-chic style - I love red bricks, sash windows, chandeliers, long curtains, roman blinds, skirting, cornices, trinkets, beams, fireplaces. They make an ambience warm and cosy. 



Sophie Conran - A good friend of mine introduced me to Sophie Conran tableware. Very stylish.



Belstaff - There are women who are mad about shoes. Others about bags. My addiction is jackets. After buying my first Belstaff jacket, which I have worn almost every single day in England, I must say this is the best jacket I’ve ever had. 


Hunters - In Switzerland when autumn starts and the streets are full of leaves from the trees, people collect them immediately. Therefore I have felt a kind of rebel walking through the streets in Alderley, where nobody cares about the leaves. Nevertheless I needed some good wellies for this. Hunters will be my rebel boots forever.



Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I will miss you until we meet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment