20 Mar 2013

Going back to Switzerland


When people ask me if I am looking forward to going back to Switzerland I always answer with a half-hearted smile. Not that I am unhappy about it.




The problem is that I am looking for a home in the Swiss Confederation and it has been hard to find it. First of all, properties had their prices doubled in the last few years. 




Secondly, I don't like the new buildings in Switzerland. In my opinion, they look like boxes and have no character. 




Don't get me wrong, I also like modern projects but it has to have a touch of elegance that not all architects can reach: they are more concerned with getting enough room in a such small country and then forget about the welcoming feeling a home should provide.




I might be a naive romantic but I still prefer houses with personality. 

Image sources via my Pinterest board: Dream home

No comments:

Post a Comment